IN THE DARK TUNNEL


 















In the tunnel, darkness falls upon me
My soul is held down by a dark anchor
cold and cloudy hands cover my sight
Silence is all that encapsulates me
Broken and fallen I bleed alone
As I learn the meaning of life
What little freedom I had I call with nostalgia
For in falling is the lesson of mortality
My lips sing a pale silent song
And my breath mutters a familiar prayer
In the dark tunnel where I lay alone
the rooster and hour hand become old
Pain oh pain why liveth thou?
When nobler kind find none but death
In the dark you find strength to curse me
to call wailing and gnashing of teeth
In the tunnel, cold and broken
I know it is for a time and moment
For hope is my pillow and my ghostly blanket
When the rain is unfriendly amidst thunder
I may be down in the dark tunnel
But light is faint at the tunnel's end
Aye..faint but light ever still
Shinning with a veiled and steady shimmer
Ye I know though slowly I crawl
I will reach that end where all is bright again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)

Rising sun