Letter from a Chibok girl

















Help me i beg help me
go the mile but please help me
call my mum, call my dad
call my king, call my god
i'm a girl alone, alone to myself
as the world left me alone to die
in the still of the night
a cold  dry night when i fell to sleep
they came and took me
took my away womanly frame
and while i went quiet into the night
i left my pride behind me
now deep in the lost woods i cry
cos just yesterday they took my name
and forced upon my face another
they rape me as i cry for my mama
what i wouldn't do to sleep
i wish death upon me
for what daily beholds me
call my king, call my president
do me a favour as you tell him about me
about the indigent plight of a chibok girl
condemned to die by your loud silence
abandoned with men who hate me for my creed
who hate me for trying to learn
you all betray me, you all have left me
for in your silence to my pain you have sinned
you turn the other way but on that side is a mirror
look hard at what you are
for who you are in omission is like to who holds me
look again for you are the same
your silence gives strength to these chains
this may be last you hear of me
for death stands dark above me
The dawn may take me away
Far beyond the hills of my beloved Chibok

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)

Rising sun