The shadow

the shadow, the perpetual shadow
standing tall above my dome
silently creeping behind me
walking on my dark foot prints
in the dark it only remains darker
in the rain it still towers over me
it must not be my own shadow
my shadow wouldn't be over me
but still it persists in the brightest day
in my dreams its casts a dark figure
tall when all bows to the howling wind
i am scared to turn about me now
for what i see will tear my soul out
so i walk on with my chin to my chest
eyes closed to all around me now
chastised by the silent sound behind
behind and above it is absent ahead
anchor to my forward movement
if i fail where i now must go
then it is for my fright for the shadow
the shadow, the shadow, the shadow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)

Rising sun