A Prayer to Cupid






















Oh cupid,take this humble offering
of tears and sorrow I bring
To your ethereal alter on high
And heed ye my mortal supplications
Born from lonely and cold summer nights
out of the misty depths do I cry
A poor soul I am yearning for a sigh of love
Pull ye out a fiery arrow from your quiver
Filled with the coveted seed of love
And with it take aim at my mortal heart
Piercing it with the sweet immortal venom of gods
That I may have love and feel the ecstasy
Long felt by the lofty occupants of olympus
On this day cute cupid
Send the one that will take me to immortality
for love remains eternal hereafter
When flesh erodes to lie waste a mortal
I know mine is out there though I see it not
Touch my heart and let be gone the pain of loneliness
Strike me and light the fire long come from the flight of your kin prometheus
Find me love and keep me alive
For death is all left for the lonely and loveless....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)

Rising sun