Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)



On I walk a lonely pilgrim
Through life's road dark and cold
Been on this long journey a while
Since I woke from an unknown slumber
On a quest for what I do not know
I search with compulsive imperative
Through murky and misty quagmires
I meet the good, bad and deadly
Where it leads I can not say
Through many turns I lost my north
I once was a young man when I walked
Now the dust of age cover my skin
I saw vanity come my way
Yesterday when I took a queer turn
Today I saw the stain of sin
On my cloak when I sat to rest
Call me lost if you know the way
Through this gruesome wilderness
Point the lonely finger down the road
Where four points collide to confuse me
For on I must persevere to proceed
As my bones despair in a single place
The road keeps me from the pits of insanity
The road is all that I live for
The pilgrim road where my mortal existence finds along
a convoluted and paradoxical definition
If they ask where I am someday
Tell them I am still on pilgrim's road
Never to return till I find what calls me

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Rising sun