Give Me a Drink


Give me coveted ethanol
Give me liquor aged and cured
Give me craved alcohol
Give me the elixir of gods

Wash my mind dark and cloudy
Take away pain and drown sorrow
Let me sink into the deep a while
Into silence in a world of noise

Oh give me warm gin
Burn my throat and light my eyes
A shot or two for the road
To see clear in haze and cloudy mist

Alas I'm overwhelmed
Pressed by unfriendly life within
Weighed down the deep
Where all is death and tears

So give me ethanol
If a friend to me you remain
Hand me a glass
And so take this bitter weight

For in a glass do I find life
Where all hope is but strangled
In a glass I find quiet respite
Sleeping awake from a real nightmare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)

Rising sun