Religion

The thing that dares to be
when the world is same to me
insane it is when i choose to kneel
praying to a god i cannot see
my faith is weak my hope is deep
deepened by pain my eyes they bleed
religion.
an ideal i share
a refuge for me when life is pain
a place i hide when i cant explain
religion.
my mark my name
my curse my bane
my gift my jazz my drug my game
religion
the thing it is that takes me there
when i believe that all is well
when i am healed and freed from hell
life is new and sin is fell
religion
you bring me God and call me blood
creed on creed the sword is law
god on god the earth is gore
stone a dame she is a whore
religion
oh damned be thou i wish begone
so we could sing a happier song
no more deceived when veil is none
the bird would sing when shines the sun
religion
your name is lost, your pride is poor
your way unfound when chaos is law
God betrayed by what you cause
vile, violated, soiled on the floor
religion, why religion?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing me to Sleep

Pilgrim's Road (spoken Word Poetry)

Rising sun